Call it a New Years resolution, makeover or intervention: the time has come to upgrade the Baron household technology & bring it into this decade!
This is what I use to connect with the outside world:
The Mobile: borrowed from Husband. My last mobile died in Jan 2010 when I sat on it while painting parking spaces at the local Community Centre.
I never got around to replacing it and is now in Hannah’s toy basket. Those who want/need to get hold of me know to reach me via his mobile.
The Laptop: The Laptop aka the Kabota. Kinda reminds me of the Lada we once owned. Using Kabota to surf the web is like trying to get on the Autobahn in a blue ’78 Pinto. (For the record one of my best mates in high school had one of these in the mid-90’s & it rocked!) photo courtesy of The ‘Word Thoughts’ Blog
The Goal: to simplify, be mobile, be connected & be more organised and productive with my time.
Things I need to address:
- Luddite tendancies of my other half
- Budget for this upgrade is miniscule
- How to make sure that Telecom doesn’t need to take one of kidneys as a method of payment for upkeep & maintenance.
- How to keep this safe (babyproof) from little Rowdy Hannah Riley
- Any improvements/new additions need to be able to work on NZ’s West Coast as well as Canada, while again allowing me to keep my kidneys
- Needs vs Wants: ipad vs Android 3g, wifi, bluetooth, itunes, cameras,
All ideas, suggestions, hints & tips welcomed. What do you use & wouldn’t live without?
If you think this post rocks, then I’d love you to leave a comment, retweet it on Twitter or Like on Facebook.