Phew, back in the world of regular internet/wifi!
THE BACKSTORY: A month of living like gypsies (again!) Our lease ended & the Barons moved into & onto our next big project….shifting a 1920s house to another CHCH suburb. Should make for an interesting couple of months. If all goes well, we could be shifted, renovated & settled into our new locale by Xmas.
(fingers crossed the stars all align & nobody annoys the Building Gods).
During this blogging “siesta” I did manage to accomplish some neat things:
- Found the best place in Christchurch to get salmon. (coming from a girl who knows the difference from Spring, Sockeye,Coho and Chum…don’t you be feeding us any of those “salmon they feed the dogs!”)
- Managed to run 15minutes steady on the treadmill. For a non-runner this is a big accomplishment. Hubby & toddler swim, while I get 1hr guaranteed workout in the gym. Love Pioneer Rec Centre!
- Became a Headstone Hunter…thanks to Reb from The Life Nostalgic . I won a subscription to Ancestry.com & it sparked my inner Geneologist…the more I uncover, the more questions I have…Just where did Matilda Baron end up? And why can’t I find anything about George & Helen after they arrived in Wellington in 1841??? Hmmmm……..
- Got a better handle on the household finances. Annual review of Mortgage, Kiwisaver, Savings plan & budget. Found a better supermarket. Shaved $20 off weekly spend & started collecting airpoints Nice! One of my new favourite blogs is Mr. Money Mustache. Not your stock standard personal finance blog
- Set some travel goals (gonna need those airpoints!) Its been awhile since the last trip…have only just discovered Kayak, Skyscanner & Nomadic Matt…Man I coulda used you in 2005!
- Started following local body politics….particularly South Wairarapa. Love that right to vote! Go Katie Beattie!
- Joined a fantastic new Playcentre with the Toddler…love these parents & kids. Bigger isn’t always better, its just bigger.
- More Thrifting/Op Shop posts like this
- Maybe a Wardrobe Wednesday post or two
- possible updates on the house shift …still in negotiations with hubby on this 🙂
I’ve made some great mates from blogging & am keen to continue and learn along the way. Cheers everyone for all the previous comments. I’m aiming to post once a week and would love it if you followed along!