I’m Heather. I live in Featherston New Zealand with my other half Ewan, my little rowdy Hannah Riley, and mad dog Brew.
A Canadian who met & married a Kiwi, I’m now in my 30’s with a young bub trying to make sense of this thing called parenthood/adulthood.
I started this blog as a compliment to This Mum Rocks, the weekly radio programme I record & broadcast that airs Thursdays @ 3.30 on ArrowFM 92.7. This Mum Rocks is an hour long programme that is a 50/50 mix of music & South Wairarapa info. Like the radio programme, I aim to have a bit of fun with this Blog as well as give some info & insight into the cool things you can do with little ones.
A QUICK HEATHER/THIS MUM ROCKS BIO:
- Hometown: Parksville BC Canada
- Fave Band: Sloan
- Fave Song Lyric at present: “Its like paradise, spread out with a butter knife” Mother Mother
- Top 2 Concert Experiences:
- Little Bushman with NZ Symphony at Wellington Town Hall 2009 – blew me away. Had never heard them before that night – spent the concert up at the front with a totally stunned/overwhelmed look on my face (and I was completely sober!)
- Sloan – @ Legends Victoria 2003 – One of the best surprises – I had just finished a 6mth x-Canada camping trip & didn’t know they were in town. Jay Ferguson was sick, but they still gave an awesome performance.
I’m not really a slow-song kinda girl – so you’re not likely to hear/read stuff relating to the likes of Brooke Fraser, Hayley Westenra, Celine Dion, Adele, Martha Stewart, Donna Hay etc etc. These ladies are fantastic & very talented, just not my cuppa tea!
I hope you’ve liked this intro to This Mum Rocks. In the sidebar you’ll find a way to subscribe to This Mum Rocks, which will deliver new postings directly to your email. If you like what you read/hear, I’d love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you could bookmark the This Mum Rocks page or feel free to click the comment button below & let me know what you think.
I’m planning to post a new blog entry about every week, so stay tuned for the next post.